The Dark Hedges

Friday, November 13, 2009


This is a really magical country road in the back of beyond. I stumbled across the exsistence of this place when I was at the Natural History Museum in London at the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition in 2007. The photograph really took me aback, and even more so when I discovered that this place was on my doorstep (well in Northern Ireland anyway!). Here is a link to the original photograph: The Dark Hedges

My boyfriend actually surprised me with an framed print of the original photograh this year for my birthday - I was so touched.
And then that weekend we decided to go and find the 'hedges' for ourselves and the photo on this post is my version. It was a great wee day out although we had to ask quite a few people for directions as you would never find it on your own!
xxx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Lovelly shot Suzie, especially the lighting. I took the original Wildlife POTY 2007 Dark Hedges image. Please contact me via the Natural History Museum, London.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe