Suzie's Super Scrumptious Sore Back Bettering Banana Bread!

Friday, May 14, 2010


Hmmm...yes...well...I AM back, I promise! I'm being very bad at posting at the moment so I'm sorry about that! My excuse? Well I was away with work all this week. To Croatia tho, so that was rather nice. First time there. But unfortunately I didn't really get an opportunity to take pics...so nothing to share with you this time unfortunately. But if we win the project over there (I was over trying to win new business) then I will be back and I will make sure I take lots of lovely pictures for you all!

So, back to todays post. My lovely friend Meliosa (Irish name, pronounced Mel-lisa) was in a small car crash recently, the poor thing. Everyone involved ok but she did hurt her back quite badly and has had to take a lot of time off work to recover. I thought that I would make her a little something to help ease the pain...and what better than my 'infamous' banana bread...however, this time it was extra special :
Suzies Super Scrumptious Sore Back Bettering Banana Bread!!

Hee hee, just a little bit of fun, but I thought I'd show you how I wrapped up the bread.



On a positive note, Mel is doing much better and is starting back to work again.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Sir is off up north to Portrush to watch motorbike racing all weekend (snore) so I have the house to myself! And so I am taking the opportunity to have the girls round for dinner. Since one of my friends is expecting a baby girl in June (eek so soon!!!) I thought it would be nice to have the theme 'Sugar and Spice and All Things Nice' as my theme and of course everything will have a pink theme running through it and I have asked the guests to come in pink! My menu is (hopefully) as follows:

- Sparkling pink cocktails when they arrive (mocktail for mum-to-be and any drivers)
- Roasted peppers stuffed with couscous and halloumi cheese
- Thai Green Chicken Curry
- Baked Raspberry Cheesecake
- Coffees and chocolate mints
- LOTS of wine!

So I have the cheesecake as the 'sugar', the green curry as the 'spice' and hopefully everything will be 'nice'!!!! The peppers are because on of the girls coming loves them and apparently never gets to eat them because her boyfriend hates them!!!  I have lots to do tonight and tomorrow but I think I have picked things which are easy enough to prepare so hopefully I wont be running around like a fool at the last minute!

I'll make sure I take lots of pics and post them up here next week!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend too

xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe