Christmas Continental Market

Thursday, December 10, 2009

For the past 5 years now Belfast has held it's very own Christmas Continental Market in front of the City Hall. This for me has come to signify the start of the festive season and once the stalls start being erected I know Christmas is on the way. When the Christams lights are turned on it is a really magical place to wander through - it's a feast for all senses...walking past the many stalls there is so much to see, so many different smells, wonderful things to eat and Christmas music being played (and things to pick up and touch - just so that I cover all sense! lol).

Although slightly controversial, I think that our 'Belfast Eye' (a mini version of Londons) makes a very nice backdrop to it all. Some say that it takes away from the history of our grand City Hall, but I don't agree. I certainly think that the City Hall is a magnificent building, and I think we (speaking for the locals!) do take it for granted at times, but the Wheel just adds a modern twist to it all. The view is pretty impressive from the top as well!

Anyway, here are a few shots of and around the market:
















Making crepes

xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe