And the crafting begins!

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Well I was planning on this post being about my 2010 Goals (not resolutions, I never keep them!), but I made a couple of cute little clips last night which I thought would be more fun to share instead!

I have been hankering (lol, what an old fashioned word - love it!) to get a glue gun for ages and finally got round to it last week and I have been itching to use it. So I rushed home last night determined to make something. After searching round the house I managed to find some plain metal hairclips, some material, ribbon, and the best bit - a few (very old) worry dolls, and so I set to work! I think the end results are pretty cute. They are very simple, but sometimes that is the best way.

For the worry doll clip I glued a scrap of material onto the clip first. This was probably the hardest thing to do, and I think I may need to perfect this if I do it again as some of the material is fraying and I would like it neater. But happy enough for a first attempt.

The bow clip is actually salvaged from a Christmas present. I wouldnt be able to tie a bow as neat as this myself, so not sure I could replicate this clip!!! Think you can buy bags of ready tied bows in craft shops tho so that would be fine.








xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe