Self-Stitched-September...AKA Am I Crazy??!!!

Monday, June 07, 2010

If you didn't realise, last month was 'Me-Made-May' - didn't you know?! Thought up by the lovely Zoe from 'So, Zo...'. The concept was to go the whole month wearing only clothes which you have made yourself, or, a lighter version, to wear at least one thing made by yourself. I watched with great interest and admiration some of the many bloggers who partook in this event - there are a lot of talented seamstresses out there (for example Tasia from Sewaholic.net)!!! All very inspiring.

And now Zoe has announced a new project: Self-Stitched-September!



After some consideration and thought I ended up signing up for this project! Eek! Am I totally insane?! I have made one skirt in half a year....not very productive (and I haven't even posted about it yet - a disgrace no less!)...how will I cope with wearing at least one item of clothing every day which I have made myself? Hmmm....I may end up wearing that skirt to death I fear! But, I thought - why not? This is the perfect kick-up the bum I need to finally get all those ideas out of my head, through the sewing machine and onto my (slightly squidgy) body!!!

So therefore I announce:

'I, Suzanna Wilson at starfishesbelfast.blogspot.com, sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-September. I endeavor to wear at least 1 handmade or refashioned item of clothing and/or accessories every day for the duration of September 2010'

Now comes the fun part...the part I am very good at....the thinking and the planning. Oh how I love the planning.....it's the carrying out of plans which I'm not so hot at!!

So tomorrow I'll post about my thoughts on what I will need in my Self-Stitched wardrobe (currently consisting of one skirt!) and what patterns I may be using.

xxx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I know, crazy right?!! :) I'm seriously considering joining too. Right now I'm working on a wardrobe for a wardrobe contest on PatternReview.com. eeeek! I have until August 31st to finish 4 tops, 4 bottoms, 1 topper & one free choice. (What am I thinking!) But I figure if I can get it done then I'll be able to do the Self-Stitched September.
    Have fun planning! Looking forward to seeing what you design and sew up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it thought so too. I want it to join but it seems that i haven't been able to fulfill my recent commitment. I joined Made-Me-May and only took pictures the first five days, I didn't finish the gift that i am supposed to bring home. But, I am pumped up so I might. Go Suzie !

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe