First Craft Project

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Well I thought it was about time that I attempted to use my sewing machine! My mum, bless her, was very excited about the whole situation and scurried off to her sewing room and came back with a 'make your very first skirt kit' (Lettie Wilson Copyright 2009 - lol, joke!) where she basically gathered up every thing I might need to make a skirt.

So, now that I have tidied my spare room, put up my new desk and officially have NO excuse not to start (I'll put up a 'before' and 'after' shot of the room soon) I have to start on the skirt.

First step...read the instructions. Think I got two words in before I was completely LOST! Dressmaking patterns are not written in English! It was like reading a foreign language. But I was determined to at least START the whole project....so I have pinned all the pattern pieces to the material and cut the pieces out. And I shall be making a visit to casa Wilson for a translation of the instructions so that I can actually start sewing everything together! But it's a start!





(P.S. I have actually already made a VERY simple thing on my sewing machine for my boyfriend - a draft excluder (who says romance is dead)! Next time I am over at his house I will try to remember to take a photo so I can put that up on here too)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe