Dinner!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

I know I kind of intended for this blog to be about crafty stuff, but to be honest it's turning into an 'all things I love' blog instead! Thats why I've posted a load of photos (since I love photography) and why I am now posting a bit about cooking (oh, and I have my banana bread post too!).

I love fish, but I have to admit that I find it a bit daunting to cook. You have to cook it for EXACTLY the right amount of time otherwise its either under- or over-done! But my mum introduced me to a brilliantly easy way to cook a fillet of salmon that gets its beautifully cooked everytime.

Place the fillet into a shallow bowl and add whatever 'flavourings' you would like. In the photo below I have opted for a little drizzle of olive oil, a crushed clove of garlic and then a spread of pesto over the fillet. However, my favourite additions include sesame oil, garlic, ginger, chilli and soya sauce for a lovely asian twist. Cover the bowl in cling film and pierce an few holes. You will then want to get the rest of your dinner ready as this cooking is done super fast! Once you think everything else is almost ready, bung the salmon into the microwave for a max of 3 mins on high (check after 2 just to be on the safe side) and you will get a perfectly moist, steamed salmon fillet that tastes divine!


Salmon with a pesto crust



Carrots and Broccoli for sides (note the lovely RED collinder!)



The final result!

The 'unfortunate' thing was that I had to eat this dinner in about 5mins flat as I was heading out to a Beyonce concert that night and had left myself NO time to get ready! The concert was AMAZING by the way - wow that girl can sing!!!!

xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe